Some things not to miss in you are staying at the Villa Coloniale.
- In July and August, the Orestiadi, an international festival of theatre, music, art and film, takes place among the ruins of Gibellina, a village destroyed by an earthquake in 1968.
- The fantastically sited temples of Selinunte.
- The historic town of Mazara del Vallo whose centre is reminiscent of an oriental kasbah – oh, and don’t miss the statue of the Dancing Satyr, discovered by fishermen, and now with its own dedicated museum.
- The medieval town of Erice.
- A day at Rocco Forte’s Verdura golf resort.
- A day at La Pineta at Marinella, a great lido with a very good restaurant.
- Visits and tastings in the numerous wineries and olive oil farms.