1. Climb Stromboli and see it erupting a night – and have a birds’eye view of the sunset over the entire Aeolian archipelago.
2. Take a boat trip around the magical islets off Panarea where you can snorkel over magmic bubbles and the remains of a drowned Roman port.
3. Wallow in the sulphurous mud baths of Vulcano, then cool off by swimming over the fumeroles in the sea.
4. Have a lazy day in Lingua, Salina, eating pane cunzato and granite at the waterfront café, Bar Alfredo, then swimming from the quiet pebble beach alongside the lighthouse.
5. Follow the old mule tracks to the abandoned village of Zucca Grande on Filicudi, then laze away the afternoon in the stylish eco-lido at Pecorini Mare.
6. On Salina, take an evening walk from Leni, through the Vallespina to Pizzo Corvo and watch the sun set behind Filicudi.